"It only takes 30 seconds of prayer to start changing the atmosphere" - Dr Caroline Leaf
James 5:16 literally says, "The power generating prayers of a man or woman in right standing with God become a force to be reckoned with from the moment they are spoken." God works as we pray!
These following points are suggestions for you to pray in your homes - individually, as a family or husband and wife. Don’t feel you have to cover all of these in one session, but it would be great if you could cover these areas over each week.
GOVERNMENT - "When all Israel heard the verdict the king had given, they held the king in awe, because they saw that he had wisdom from God to administer justice." (1 Kings 3:28)
- Members of Parliament to recognise God's authority and rely on Him for wisdom (James 1:5)
- Our leaders to make wise decisions rather than succumbing to special interest groups
- Righteous judges and judgments in every court (Isaiah 1:26)
- Peace and stability in our nation
MEDIA - "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." (Philippians 4:8)
- All media owners and personnel would report what is true, noble and right
- Christians in media to find favour and be filled with creative ideas that bring kingdom principles and life-giving messages to the public
- For high ethical standards in the media.
- Pray a blessing on our media, and ask that it would be characterised by wisdom and integrity.
- Ask God to raise up godly men and women journalists who will champion the powerless and seek truth and justice.
BUSINESS - "I have filled him with the Spirit of God, giving him great wisdom, ability, and expertise in all kinds of crafts. He is a master craftsman, expert in working." (Exodus 31:3-4)
- Impartation of ideas and resources to open new businesses, especially in areas that need an economic boost
- That every Christian worker would do business God's way.
- Leaders and business owners to act with integrity that our nation's economy might be viable and strong.
- A nation with full employment (All who want to work can find a suitable job)
EDUCATION - "and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God. For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding." (Proverbs 2:1-5)
- A return to truth and Judeo-Christian ethics (Psalm 1:1-2)
- A safe atmosphere with morally sound instruction
- Excellence in educators
- For every student to achieve their full potential
CHURCH - "So then just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." (Colossians 2:6)
- The church would be revived with a new zeal and commitment to the mission and purpose of Jesus Christ (Matt 22:37-39)
- Unity with and among churches that reveals God's love to the world (John 17:23)
- Integrity - that God's people look and act differently than the world (1 Peter 2:11)
- A holy fear of the Lord released in the heart of God's people (Proverbs 9:10)
- Church leaders to know God’s will and purposes
FAMILY - "If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand." (Mark 3:25)
- Unity and love in individual families that reaches out in hospitality toward others (Romans 12:9-13)
- The re-establishment of relationships between husbands, wives and children (Malachi 4:5-6)
- A return to family values that serve the nation as a whole
- A return to the biblical mandate to train children at home in the fear of the Lord and not leave the responsibility to others. (Proverbs 22:6)
PERSECUTED AND SUFFERING CHURCH - Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering. (Hebrews 13:3)
- Pray that persecuted believers will sense God’s presence & comfort
- For those who have lost loved ones
- Pray for courage & boldness to be witnesses
- Pray that they will be refreshed and grow in their faith
- Pray that they will rejoice in suffering & not lose heart
- That Government leaders would show compassion and allow more freedoms.